The Active Health Foundation Chinese Nutritional Healing Course
This course is developed to include a detailed study of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and the accumulated knowledge on the properties of foods and their practical application in nutritional modification for various disharmonies and conditions. The student will gain a thorough understanding of the principles of nutrition, the essentials of nutritional assessment and the functions of specific foods. The student will be able to apply Chinese nutrition and the use of Chinese herbs in food applications for specific Zang Fu (Internal Organ) disharmonies.
- History of Chinese Nutrition Therapy
- The principals of traditional Chinese medicine
- The Energetic characteristics of Food
- Constitutional Types of People
- Compare Chinese Nutrition with Western Nutrition
- TCM View of Nutrition
- Food Groups and Their Properties: Animal Products, Grains, Vegetables, Fruits, Beans, Nuts and Seeds
- General Plant Families
- Eating with the Seasons Guidelines
- Foods by the Five Elements: Wood (Liver), Fire (Heart), Earth (Stomach), Metal (Lung/Large Intestine), Water (Kidney),
- Cooking with Chinese Herbs
- Congee Recipes
- Practice Cases
James O’Sullivan. The two days will include both of these experienced lecturers covering everything from the expertise of Eunice from the Eastern aspect and James covering the Western understanding of TCM food therapy.
Who is the course for:
- Everyone with a desire to learn Chinese Nutritional Healing. Practitioners and lay people alike will enjoy this course. The content will challenge you as all our courses will but the two days will be fun and interesting.
|Less than 3 days notice or “no show”:||no refund|
|Greater than 3 days but less than 14 days notice:||50% refund|
|Greater than 14 days but less than 30 days notice:||70% refund|
|Greater than 30 days notice:||Full refund|