Next Course Dates and Duration:
- date to be Announced
- Times: 9:30am to 17:30pm
The Active Health Foundation Chinese Nutritional Healing Course
This course is developed to include a detailed study of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and the accumulated knowledge on the properties of foods and their practical application in nutritional modification for various disharmonies and conditions. The student will gain a thorough understanding of the principles of nutrition, the essentials of nutritional assessment and the functions of specific foods. The student will be able to apply Chinese nutrition and the use of Chinese herbs in food applications for specific Zang Fu (Internal Organ) disharmonies.
- History of Chinese Nutrition Therapy
- The principals of traditional Chinese medicine
- The Energetic characteristics of Food
- Constitutional Types of People
- Compare Chinese Nutrition with Western Nutrition
- TCM View of Nutrition
- Food Groups and Their Properties: Animal Products, Grains, Vegetables, Fruits, Beans, Nuts and Seeds
- General Plant Families
- Eating with the Seasons Guidelines
- Foods by the Five Elements: Wood (Liver), Fire (Heart), Earth (Stomach), Metal (Lung/Large Intestine), Water (Kidney),
- Cooking with Chinese Herbs
- Congee Recipes
- Practice Cases
Hung Tsui Ying (Eunice) and James O’Sullivan. The two days will include both of these experienced lecturers covering everything from the expertise of Eunice from the Eastern aspect and James covering the Western understanding of TCM food therapy.
Who is the course for:
- Everyone with a desire to learn Chinese Nutritional Healing. Practitioners and lay people alike will enjoy this course. The content will challenge you as all our courses will but the two days will be fun and interesting.
- €180 which include notes.
- Policy of Payment in Advance – Why?
- Cancellation Policy – See below
First complete the online application form to let us know who you are and how we can contact you. The application process is simple and completely online. If this course requires prior qualifications and we require evidence of your qualifications we will write to you separately.
3 Payment Options after you complete the Application Form…
Pay ONLINE Now with the PayPal button below.
If you don’t have a PayPal account – no worries, you can still pay by credit card on the PayPal site with NO extra cost. Click button to say you wish to pay by card only.
Drop a check, postal order or money order to us at 4 St. Bridget’s Place, Prospect Hill, Galway. Make check payable to Active Health. Make sure you let us know who you are.
Pay directly into our bank account.
Account Name: Active Health
Bank Address: Lynch’s Castle, Galway, Ireland
National Sort code: 93-70-96.
Account Number: 04758064
IBAN: IE79 AIBK 9370 9604 7580 64 (BIC: AIBKIE2D)
Please ensure you include your name with your lodgement.
|Less than 3 days notice or “no show”:||no refund|
|Greater than 3 days but less than 14 days notice:||50% refund|
|Greater than 14 days but less than 30 days notice:||70% refund|
|Greater than 30 days notice:||Full refund|
What happens after I complete the application form and pay my Fee
Within a couple of days, I will write to you with all the necessary details on the course.